The Kentucky Tendon Grip is an elasticated tubular bandage used under boots to provide comfortable protection against rubbing and extra support for the tendons.
Soft but strong, the tendon grip is close fitting but easy to put on and take off. You can also apply an ice pack over the top of the grip after cross-country. The tendon grip protects the skin from ice burns, and can be folded over to keep the ice pack safely in place.
The tendon grip is also useful for first aid. Apply over dressing and bandages to prevent the horse from removing them. It can also help to hold dressings on in awkward places such as the knees or pasterns.
This elasticated tubular bandage has a multitude of uses for all aspects of equine care and competition, including:
Competition and Training
- Supporting tendons underneath competition boots.
- Protection against boots rubbing sensitive legs on sandy surfaces and in hot conditions.
- Keeping white legs clean.
- Use on the tail to keep it tidy and prevent rubbing when travelling.
- Icing legs after cross-country or fast work. The tendon grip protects the leg from ice burns as it is not directly on the skin, and can be folded over to keep the ice pack safely in place.
- Use over dressings and bandages to prevent the horse from removing them and keep even pressure over the area.
- Ideal for cold icing swollen legs after injury.
- Holding dressings on awkward places such as the knees and pasterns.
- Protecting wounds against bacteria, fungus and insects in summer.
Washable and reusable. Five metres long. 83 per cent cotton, 9 per cent elastane, 8 per cent polyamide.
Available in black or white, one size only.